free website stats program Removing a Fairing from an Electra Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Removing a Fairing from an Electra Glide

BCavin08

I want to remove the front fairing all together and replace it with a standard headlamp. Has anyone ever done this? If so - what would I need other than the headlamp assembly? Thanks.

I haven't done it, but it seems the easiest way would be to get all of the fork tins and headlight assembly and instrument mounts from a wrecked FLT close to your year. Buying each piece would be expensive. Check salvage yards, maybe you can find a deal on the whole assembly. You will end up with several extra wires and connectors. It will be a tedious job IMO.

Have you checked whats underneath the fairing? Wires, relays, fuses. Just wondering where all that stuff is going to go. I would think thats a major overhaul.

if you do remove it, you have to figure out what you are going to do withe the extra gauges wiring, radio, speakers.
IMO i would look, if you could, trade up for a RK

I want to remove the front fairing all together and replace it with a standard headlamp. Has anyone ever done this? If so - what would I need other than the headlamp assembly? Thanks.

Sir if you do what you say you want to do.... you will be the first person that I have every known to do that. For reasons already assigned...does that tell you anything? To each is own I guess.

HMMMM, lots of electrical problems I see in your future JMO

The headlight will come out of the fairing without removing the fairing

Git a HD manual and look at it. Might save you some time.
YOu can git a brite white H4 bulb and make it brighter.

Thanks for all the advice, I was just curious if anyone had done it. The bike was given to me and runs great but I have never been a fan of fairings. My intent was to eliminate all the radio/ extras as they are unwanted anyway. I am now just looking to trim the windshield, get it painted and trade up for the bike I truly want.

Back