free website stats program Remember the Italian airplane factory bikes | Harley Davidson Forums

Remember the Italian airplane factory bikes

jamesearl

UTR-ss350.jpg Pretty sure this was to compete with the CB 350 twin.Those were all over the road like horse apples back then.That Baja 100cc was from there too,they had a ton of ground clearance.

Attachments

• Baja-Sonny.23382435_std.jpg
    Baja-Sonny.23382435_std.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 16
Well, my "import" isn't Italian, rather, it's Japanese.
HAD to have it when Honda announced last year the re-birth of the Honda Cub. It's now evolved into Honda Super Cub C125. This lil' bike brings me back to the good old days. Stock set-up with 4-speed allows 60+- MPH and normal riding achieves 130.4 mpg so far.
I've added: a. windshield b. windshield pouch c. luggage rack d. saddlebags e. tailbag for extra storage f. tachometer / hour meter (inductive pickup).
It's GREAT for running small errands from where I live out in the countryside up to town.
FYI: Honda is also making the same model for 2020, it will be red & creme', compared to mine that is deep navy blue and sky blue, with Hondas typical red seat.

Yes I do remember those guys, HD was really struggling for market share, never owned one tho

Well, my "import" isn't Italian, rather, it's Japanese.
HAD to have it when Honda announced last year the re-birth of the Honda Cub. It's now evolved into Honda Super Cub C125. This lil' bike brings me back to the good old days. Stock set-up with 4-speed allows 60+- MPH and normal riding achieves 130.4 mpg so far.
I've added: a. windshield b. windshield pouch c. luggage rack d. saddlebags e. tailbag for extra storage f. tachometer / hour meter (inductive pickup).
It's GREAT for running small errands from where I live out in the countryside up to town.
FYI: Honda is also making the same model for 2020, it will be red & creme', compared to mine that is deep navy blue and sky blue, with Hondas typical red seat.
I had a mini bike with a briggs and stratton,but the 1st real bike I had was still a mini but looked just like a real bike.

Attachments

• yamahajt2-1972-7.jpg
    yamahajt2-1972-7.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 13
hi the bikes were made by aermacchi … i do not think they were overly sucesful. i think there were 125cc 350cc ..were very cute and more like street scramblers

I remember the "baja" scrambler, 125cc dual-purpose. Then the "sprint" 350cc single four-stroke.
I believe harley owned the Aermacchi plant in Italy back then.

Back