free website stats program Remapping required for V&H slip ons? | Harley Davidson Forums

Remapping required for V&H slip ons?

I have heard conflicting advice about whether remapping is necessary when only doing slip ons without changes to stock intake or header pipes. Any advice on this is appreciated?

You'll find MANY posts on this topic if you do a search.

Factory maps are lean and can use added fuel anyway so why add slip ons that can lean it out even more without more fuel.

it's not "needed". Your bike will run o.k. I got a friend with a 1200 Nightster, and he's go cylce shack slips with no remap due to funds, and his bike runs pretty good. It hasn't hit the hot part of the year yet so he's trying to get it done before it gets into the 80's and 90's

i have a 09 i put on v & h basic slip ons without doing anything else. i have 6,000 miles on them now and i have checked the pluges mabe 4 times and they are tan.

it's not "needed". Your bike will run o.k. I got a friend with a 1200 Nightster, and he's go cylce shack slips with no remap due to funds, and his bike runs pretty good. It hasn't hit the hot part of the year yet so he's trying to get it done before it gets into the 80's and 90's
If he's worried about heat concerns he may want to consider fitting some XiEDs, the X14iEDs are recommended for Nightsters.
IED FAQ's

Back