free website stats program relocating tail lights and license plate on a 2009 nightster | Harley Davidson Forums

relocating tail lights and license plate on a 2009 nightster

pynki

Hi I have been running across a reoccuring theme while looking for bags for my nightster. I can't firgure out why there are so many things that it is excluded from as far as accessories go. I want to put in an easy bracket and know I need to relocate the rear turn signals and find a new place for my license plate. It seems that so much stuff always has (does not fit XL883N or XL1200N). Is it because of the cropped rear fender and if so can i replace it with something more user friendly? If so, what?
Thanks for your knowledge
Pynki

The Nightster is slightly different beast than Sportsters, it is lowered and uses a "darker theme" to appeal to the younger crowd. That said, it does have different hardware. Depending on your preference, you can "layback" the plate, get a curved plate that conforms to the fender. You can lay it sideways on the left side (if US, Japan) or the right (for those driving on the left), and move your turn signal pods to both side of it using a bracket w/ dirlled out tubes w/mounting bolts.

This is a perfect example of what I am coming across

Layback License Plate and Turn Signal Relocation Kit
This kit combines our popular Layback License Plate Mount with an integrated turn signal bar to add a stylish slant to the rear fender. Kit relocates the Original Equipment billet-style turn signals from the fender strut to the turn signal bar to allow clearance for saddlebags. This kit is a stylish alternative to Turn Signal Relocation Kit P/N 68732-02A, and includes all necessary mounting, hardware. Fits '04-later XL models (except XL1200N) and '02-later Dyna." models (except FXDWG, FXDF and '09 FXDB).

Attachments

• 60215-06.jpg
    60215-06.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 16
I have the same dilemma and will most likely get the kit that HD sells for moving the license plate to the rear of the Bike. This is the kit that is used for European versions. Then with this done, I will get a license plate frame with led lights in it that can be wired to the turn signals.

Once I have this, I can remove the turn signals and add what ever bags I want to.

Once I am employed again, I will do this and post pics.

:devilBad Bike...Bad Bike...Don't hurt Hobbit lest he brings things most evil upon thee with great vengence and anger...

Okay now pet it gently...ease out the garage and down the driveway...now start it up and ride it like you stole it! Thats how you get the upper hand on that bike especially if it trys to kill you more than once. :(

Seriously that bike looks like Clark Kent without the glasses, a real wolf in sheeps clothing, no labels, no "cute-sy stuff" just bare bones raw. I really would like a street machine like that. Next time you fashion a fire breather, don't get rid of it...send it 'cross the pond to me...I will watch...well maybe roost on it a bit until it behaves if you want Rob...I'll even leave the license tag alone, as I probably would ride "incognito" :lolrolling

Last edited:
Back