free website stats program Reinhart Or Bub 7s? | Harley Davidson Forums

Reinhart Or Bub 7s?

boardy

Okay, I know exhausts are a subjective issue but I need some basic opinions. I have just bought a 2009 Roadking Classic and I want some new mufflers. I have decided on a PCV and a big sucker air filter but the mufflers are doing my head in.
As I live in England, the only pipes you hear are Vance & Hines. The basic slip-ons and ovals sound good but I want something different (and a little louder). Looking on UTube I like the sound of the Reinharts or the Bub 7's but each clip sounds different in volume (for the usual reasons). I want a pretty meaty sound but one that is not too obnoxious (kinda like the rotor thump of a huey if that makes sense).
So to cut to the chase can anybody tell me which of the 2 is the loudest, meatiest sounding or am I way off the mark with my choice of mufflers.
Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Chris.
England.

make your own.the mufflers are glasspacked with baffels.if you use a 1.5 inch hole saw on the intake end of the right muffler and a 2 inch hole saw on the exhaust end you can free the baffle and you are left with a glass pack.the left muffler only has a very short baffle removed with a 2 inch hole saw on the exhaust end.a drill press is very helpful.i did mine and it sounds great.see ya babz

I've been going through your exact dilemma. According to what I've read they have the same demission’s etc... I've decided on the Bub 7's because of the Tip's... To me they look better... Might be crazy but something had to break the tie...

I asked the service manager at my local hd shop to set up different bikes with different exhaust systems and have a day so the customer can come in and see and hear different makes. He said he tried to do that but management was against it. Told him to try and get different people he knew with different systems to bring their bikes in for the day. I'd bring my bike in for the day. With this being such a prevalent question I don't know why every dealer doesn't do this.

I asked the service manager at my local hd shop to set up different bikes with different exhaust systems and have a day so the customer can come in and see and hear different makes. He said he tried to do that but management was against it. Told him to try and get different people he knew with different systems to bring their bikes in for the day. I'd bring my bike in for the day. With this being such a prevalent question I don't know why every dealer doesn't do this.

That would have helped me when I was trying to choose which slip ons I wanted

Thanks for the replies, I think I have found a set of mufflers that could fit the bill for me; Pythons by V&H. I prefer the square cut ends and by all accounts they are slightly louder than the V&H basic slip on's (and the Bubs/reinharts).

All I need to do now is find a Brit friendly dealer in the States that will play ball with me.

Regards,

Chris.

Back