free website stats program Regular syn vs moto syn? | Harley Davidson Forums

Regular syn vs moto syn?

Gus LTD

I will be doing my first service this weekend and i am going to go with the redline fluids. My ? is. Do i have to use the motorcycle 20/50 in the engine as opposed to their 20/50 syn oil? I will be putting their v-twin primary and trannie oils in their perspective holes. THX for any and all opionions.

Thx for the replys, deep down i agree that i should use the moto oil and i will. I do know that choosing oils is a very complicated and controversal subject and until you get up into the higher mileage i am not sure there really is a right or wrong choice. I personnally think that changing your oils reguraly is the single most important thing you can do for anything you have. I have always used the dino oils but with the heat these new ones are generating i am going to go syn and see what happens.

Thx for the replys, deep down i agree that i should use the moto oil and i will. I do know that choosing oils is a very complicated and controversal subject and until you get up into the higher mileage i am not sure there really is a right or wrong choice. I personnally think that changing your oils reguraly is the single most important thing you can do for anything you have. I have always used the dino oils but with the heat these new ones are generating i am going to go syn and see what happens.

do you really need a syn in the primary or am I off base here? --- HD Formula+ primary , Mobile 1 syn engine and spectro or redline tranny.

I dont think you really need a syn in the primary, but if a good one is used than it cant hurt. I have read alot of posts on here talking of clutch-slipping with the syns, that is the reason i am going with the redline v-twin primary. Redline says the formula is designed to resist slipping, i guess we'll see

Back