free website stats program Reg. Oil or Synthetic | Harley Davidson Forums

Reg. Oil or Synthetic

BayouHawg

I have a 2002 Softtail Heritage with just under 24,000 miles. It has always had regular harley oil put in it, is it too late to switch toi synthetic. If not what do ya'll suggest. Thanks for the info.

Used Harley oil in my '99 Ultra until I did the roller chain conversion. Went with Mobil 1 V-Twin and have never been happier with the performance of the oil. My scoot had about 70,000 when I changed....

Go with Synthetic at anytime...much petrol research has been done promoting it's attributes, all I perceive is that the bike is quieter and oil coming out at 2-3k miles is not black like regular "dino-oil", IMHO..."--isn't your two-wheeled baby worth it"?

Does anyone know whether or not you need to flush out the reg. oil before using the synthetic? and if so, what do you flush with?

If I had a new or low mileage Harley I would go to a synthetic made for air cooled motorcycle engines. I have 105K on peroleum oils with no problem. If I change over to synthetic most mechanics tell me to expect oil leaks. That some sludge is all that keeps old oil seals intact and not leaking. Any one out there have any experience with this? Fossil

Back