free website stats program Redline oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Redline oil

greasit

I have been using redline 20-50 oil in my 06 ultra since it was new. (25 k mi.). No problems, now i see they have a new oil labeled for motorcycles which is more expensive. Can anyone tell me the difference, besides the price? Are the astm test results available for comparison?

Follow up. I called Redline, and asked what the difference was...nothing. They told me the motorcycle indys, and dealers wanted the bottle to say "motorcycle" on it somewhere. When the next bottle label was run they redesigned the label, and put the word motorcycle on it...all marketing.

Thorns

Nice to know the reason, thanks for taking the time to update and sharing with us at HDT... :D

Follow up. I called Redline, and asked what the difference was...nothing. They told me the motorcycle indys, and dealers wanted the bottle to say "motorcycle" on it somewhere. When the next bottle label was run they redesigned the label, and put the word motorcycle on it...all marketing.

Thorns

YES U are exactly right!!

The answer also included a way for redline to allow more $ for dealer margins..... ( oils remain the same for additives) BUT to get 20/60 U need the new 3$ label

Shops that handle redline and change oils on motorcycles are able to get a BETTER cost price on the V TWIN AIR COOLED labeled oil.

I usually buy by the case REDLINE 20/60 for Az. but didn't want to pay the 3$ difference and ordered the reg 20/50 which is the SAME product I've used for years here in Wa........ wear ADDITIVES not changed ("redline tec")

20/50 for the engine ....MTL for the chain case....SHOCKPROOF HEAVY for the tranny....

REALLY GOOD STUFF regardless of LABEL and cost change....

signed....BUBBIE

follow up. I called redline, and asked what the difference was...nothing. They told me the motorcycle indys, and dealers wanted the bottle to say "motorcycle" on it somewhere. When the next bottle label was run they redesigned the label, and put the word motorcycle on it...all marketing.

Thorns

thats what i thought, but at least you got an honest answer from redline. I could have had my grease manufacturer run some tests to check the specs, but i have had excelent results with the automotive oil.

Back