free website stats program Redline Oil Label Change | Harley Davidson Forums

Redline Oil Label Change

Bodeen

Staff member
Contributor
I ordered a case of Redline that was delivered today. I get the box in the garage and open the box. I pull a quart out and the label didnt say 20W-60 Vtwin like it always has in the past. It also has the 4T designation on it. I thought that I had messed up and bought the wrong thing and a whole case to boot! I quickly went and looked at my order and it definitely indicated I had ordered the correct thing. Now I'm thinking they sent me the wrong thing! I called Redline and talked to Dave and he indicated that there indeed has been a label change and verified the code on the bottle. He also indicated that they only make one 20W-60 any way. I told him that this is going to shake up the Redline Vtwin users world for a while and he indicated that it already has.

Hopefully this saves some cussing for somebody!

Wonder if it is on the wwwredlineoil.com forum ? I'll look right now... Is this what you have? I looked just now and I'll post a link to the Product Page... http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=111&pcid=21

Hey, I'm using LiquiMoly 10w60 right now... Good Stuff Also... BUT WON'T give up on my Yellow Bottle of MTL (same as v-twin primary) and I'll Never Switch from Shockproof Heavy for my tranny... ;)

Have the Baker DD7 finally in... Now I need to calibrate the gears to the Cruise... 6th is the same as the 7th in gear ratio, so 7th cruise works...
I'll need to plug in the ratios into the brain... 4th,5th n 6th then 7th remains the same 1x1 ratio...

Man, I get Lost in where I am... Only a few miles on it...

I'll do a report on HDT soon on it...

signed....BUBBIE

Yep, thats what I got and if you look at the bottles you can see the font has changed, "Vtwin" is no longer on the label. What the picture doesnt show is the "4T" on the quart bottle. If you look at the gallon jug you can just see the start of the "4T" symbol at the bottom right of the jug where the quart bottle is starting to block it. The key is the "12604" product number and it being the last five of the sku# on the quart bottle.

Jeff, this is jaso and Epa requirements on motorcycle oils now, 4T is just 4 stroke and OK to run in gear boxes also

I hear ya Jack, being a creature of habit and seeing the different label made me worry I got the wrong thing. Apparently I am not the only one from what Redline said.

Maybe a New President will take the TEETH out of the EPA.... They were supposed to have Gums NOT Teeth...

Politics......
signed....BUBBIE

Maybe a New President will take the TEETH out of the EPA.... They were supposed to have Gums NOT Teeth...

Politics......
signed....BUBBIE
I hope so Bubbie. For I am tired of seeing the consumers cost continually going up for all this corrective behavior of the EPA.

Back