free website stats program red security light | Harley Davidson Forums

red security light

HD Ziggy

Hi all, I have a 2014 Fat Bob. Once in a while my red security light comes on, stays on for a while then goes off. This happens sporadically. When I bought the bike (it was a used bike from a dealer) there was no mention of a security system on the bike (no key fobs either). Does anyone know what might be the cause of this? Thanks in advance for all your help.

I'm surprised it didn't come with a key fob, I believe all the newer bikes i.e., 05 and beyond come with a passive security system, Both of mine 07 sportster, 08 softail have them. I would go back and see the dealer to see if they have them still. I'm also surprised it will start without them unless it's be deactivated somehow. If you have a round thingy attached to your keys then that's probably the fob and the batteries are starting to go bad. The passive system is activated when the fob is greater than 6 feet from the bike. If the batteries are getting weak you may get in a situation where the bike will no longer start.

Although most Harleys have security, the last I knew of, it is still an option. The red key light indicates there is a problem with the TSM/TSSM (turn signa, turn signal security) module) a light bulb or dash light somewhere.

security was still an option on my 17 FLSTN,now for 18 it's all fobs,only key you get is for the fork locks,otherwise keyless now.At least on the Heritage 114.The salesman told me they are all that way now.

Back