free website stats program Red Line V-Twin with 'Shock Proof' | Harley Davidson Forums

Red Line V-Twin with 'Shock Proof'

Colt.45

Hey guys
Well I changed my trannie oil today. If Harley changed it at 1,000 miles then it had another 9,000 miles on it. I put Red Line in it and honestly I can't really tell any difference? It 'might' be a touch more easy to find neutral but other than that seems exactly the same.Still clunks just like before.........maybe it gets better over time? If nothing else at least I know it's clean and fresh. :)
Colt.45

Great choice if you can tell the difference or not!

There is no magic cure. But there are numerous, better choices than motor oil in all 3 holes....

Hey guys
If nothing else at least I know it's clean and fresh. :)
Colt.45

I think that's really all that matters. Staying far away from the oil debate, but your bike won't die an early death with clean fluids.

You MIGHT want to think about it this way... ALL Harley's Clunk IF you can't get the clutch from turning...

BUT you DON'T have Metal coming off the shifter dogs when they clunk ...Noise maybe but NO Metal... SHOCKPROOF...:D

My 09 King still has the noise shifting into First when Hot... No way I can totally get rid of the Clunk WHEN the clutch is spinning... Cold and squeezing the clutch in and counting to five while it Idles... No Noise AS Clutch Has Stopped turning. IT is that Simple...

HOT, Squeeze the clutch Count 5 Helps. BUT IT can still hit on the dogs making the Clunk.......BUT like I said IT is Cushioned clunk, no metal to metal.

Redline Shockproof does work good... Some other gear oils will do the same as running smooth but Redline is the only one that I know that Claims No Metal to Metal contact...:s

On many of my bikes Never Ever ANY metal on the magnetic drain plug...
92,000 on my 09 King and only GOOD to report.

YOUR preference to use what you want... I think shockproof is the best...

signed....BUBBIE

Just changed my tranny oil weekend before last and put in Redline, not really sure if there is a whole lot of difference, but it seems to be a smoother shift.

Bubbie
I understand what you are saying and I based a lot of my deciding to try Red Line on your reports. I have every intention to use only it from now on. I guess I just thought there might be a really noticeable difference from the first shift in feel or sound :). I did have some really fine metal particles on the magnet when I drained the trannie...just the piece of mind of knowing the metal to metal contact is reduced is well worth the switch for me. Anyhow I do thank you for the knowledge you share here.
Colt.45

Who sell Redline? Can you get it at Autozone or similar place? Never seen it on the shelves.

Back