free website stats program Red key light / speedo/ tach light issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Red key light / speedo/ tach light issue

tonkaboy

Red key light popped on on my last ride . Weather was perfect. Stopped for gas ... everything works fine. Light would come on maybe twice over about 30 miles. Then I was blessed with a true toad strangler rain storm. Stopped till the rain was done... with the bike in the rain. Fired her up and made it home. When I shut the bike off at the ignition switch the spedo and tach light both stayed on for about 4 seconds with the spedo light going out AFTER the tach light! I got nuthin on what could be going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

need to see the dealer get the trouble codes, or use the tool box in supertuner if you have it, too hard to diagnose with a couple of symptoms

need to see the dealer get the trouble codes, or use the tool box in supertuner if you have it, too hard to diagnose with a couple of symptoms
Thanks, the big question still is why the key security light came on when I dont have security on the bike. Does the red key light signify I got a code wainting on me?

Sounds like you got some moisture getting in somewhere causing some issues. I bet it works fine once it drys out but you need to figure where the problem is coming from. A bike should be able to be ridden in the rain without problems like that.

When I got to the house I noticed two of the three windshield bolts were not home! But remember... the red key light came on when the weather was perfect here in Murfreesboro TN.

Back