free website stats program Red Craftsman Motorcycle Jack (Help) | Harley Davidson Forums

Red Craftsman Motorcycle Jack (Help)

Jonas

I have had this jack for about 5 years. Never a bit of problems, used to it for all kinds of things, as well as for my motorcycles.

I recommended it to my brother. He had issue with his from the get go, and somehow he broke something on the bottle jack. Which leaked anyway.

Has anyone found of or know of a bottlejack that could be retrofitted to this red craftsman lift.

After reading reviews on line, sounds like many people have horrible luck with this jack and sears offers little or no support or parts.

Thanks in advance

If it is a regular bottle jack check Harbor Freight for a replacement. Most jacks are now made in China. Whats wrong with the original jack

I bought the yellow aluminum lift at sears, i checked the reviews before i bought it, and they wee horrible for the red one. It seems like alot of people had the same issues. The yellow had 4 out of 5 stars, and i waited till it went on sale for $150. I then typed in sears online coupons in my search engine, and found a $10 of coupon.
If you buy anything from sears, get it online, and pick it up at your closet store, you can save up to 20%

hay jonas, i use the harbor freight mod. scares me going throu fast, to get to slow. i'm looking for a screw, like on a trailor tongue to scab on to it.........ps i took your advice on relocation of air can for seat, worked great, looks good..................bw

You might just want to take the bottle jack off the Sears lift & go to one of the "chain" auto part stores to see if they have one that matches your size & mount. Shouldn't be any different - I'm guessing it's a std 3/4T bottle jack...good luck!

I had racing jack I had bought at Harbor Freight go bad. Mentioned is to the guy that repairs hydraulic hoses and cylinders for me.
He told me to bring it by his shop and he would look at it. He replaced a seal for 10 bucks with a teflon seal. He told me that the seals used in most discount jacks fail early and most people just replace their jacks. Prior to fixing this jack that I have now used for almost 3 years I was replacing these jacks about once a year.

Not sure if this help with your brothers jack. Good luck

Goes to show you never can tell. I have the Sears red and never had a problem. Still like new. A buddy of mine that has a trike were talk'n about this kind of thing and it seems that the quality of many things you buy can vary....almost buyer beware.

I've quit buying craftsman tools , they do not stand behind them like they used to, and many of their tools are no longer made in america. It really is buyer beware with craftsman products.

I've quit buying craftsman tools , they do not stand behind them like they used to, and many of their tools are no longer made in america. It really is buyer beware with craftsman products.

All Craftsman hand tools are warrantied forever, we sell alot of other tools I E kd thexton and Lisle to name a few. They will give you a hard time about these tools, but not the craftsman name. I work in the Auto Center at Sears, they try to give me a hard time about the warranty because im using them in a proffesional job. baloney, speak to the manager and be firm, Jack

The red motorcycle lift........NEVER leave your bike on it and not locked in. I use a 2x6 underneath the arms as a safe guard too.

Thorns

Back