free website stats program Recommendations on brake pads for 09 touring rear | Harley Davidson Forums

Recommendations on brake pads for 09 touring rear

Redman

Just looking for some recommendations on manufacturers that you all have tried and like and why...perhaps even the best place to purchase pads...time to replace mine. Thanks for the help.:s

I have used the Z pads but I have a set of Gold that I haven't tried yet. Call them up and see what they recommend for you. Paul is very good to talk with. He is the owner and the one most likely to answer the phone.

I have used the Z pads but I have a set of Gold that I haven't tried yet. Call them up and see what they recommend for you. Paul is very good to talk with. He is the owner and the one most likely to answer the phone.

Thanks..reason i ask coz i paid like 39 bucks for the EBC pads to cut down on the brake dust....seemed it was a bit better than the HD stock pads but honestly i was expecting a little better results...that was 39 per pad btw...I have laced wheels and its tough keeping them looking nice no matter what ...but the rear seems always to be worst..what am i thinking..i seldom use the front...DUH!....lol...i have not had problems stopping with either the pads btw.

Did you use the HH ebc pads or the GG. On my Buell the first set of ebc that I used were the GG. Next set the dealer got me were the HH. What a difference between the 3. I would only use the HH after.

Lyndall pads for me. Remember that if you change pads to ones with a differant compoud you will need to hoan the rotors or get new ones. Material from the pads get on the rotors and can adversley effect the performance of new pads of you don't get them cleaned up.

Hey, how many miles do you have on your 09? Were your pads really worn or do you like to change them out at a certain point? I know on my van if I change the pads a little early it seems to really saves on the rotor wear.

Back