free website stats program Recommendations for floating rotors for a springer | Harley Davidson Forums

Recommendations for floating rotors for a springer

G'day there,

Was wondering if I could get some recommendations for my 1991 Springer.
I am running PM brakes front and rear and want to upgrade to floating rotors.
The wheels are OEM HD Thunderstar from a 2000 model.

All help appreciated,

profilepic21295_1.gif

Last edited:
Plenty of aftermarket stuff and J&P Cycles and other aggregators of fine Harley parts, all you need is money and time...!:D

Cheers guys I appreciate your comments. I know exactly what you mean NEWHD74FAN..time I have plenty of but the good old foldy stuff now thats not so plentyful. How ever I do need to change/upgrade my brake rotors.

You will like floating rotors, I "like" the deaccel "buzzz" when you have them, braking is solid and even. Kinda miss them on my Sporty...but then I would have to buy 3 for the privilege! :D

I'm actually looking forward to fitting some. I'm only a couple of weeks home from a 7000 K ride around Queensland and the Springer is in the shed for a full over haul. So I thought while I'm doing the work I would replace the pads and rotors (we call them discs down under) but my dilemma is do I go OEM HD or after market.

My wheels are OEM Thunderstars and I would like to at least match the star pattern so I guess this limits me as well. Fussy yes but like to keep the Springer looking good.

profilepic21295_1.gif

Last edited:
I've been using floating rotors from KC International on my past two bikes and have been very happy with them.

I can't post links yet but do a google search on "KC international Motorcycle", go to the first link found and then do a search on part number 61-9975-9977. I think these rotors are what you're looking for.

Cheers John C thanks

The part number you gave me were for 84-99 but I did find the 2000 models. They do look good I am waiting on a quote for some Genuine Floating Thunderstar Rotors from a company in the US I found searching the web.

I will make my mind up in the next week or so.

I had a 98 Springer with a Thunder Star front wheel on it, and I put on the matching Harley Thunder Star floating rotor. It is a simple change if you have the right tool. The rotor was about $120.00, and it looked great!

Well guys I found the Thunderstar Rotors front and rear for $113.00 each USD plus postage so looking forward to getting them and fitting them.

Back