free website stats program Recommendations for better lighting riding at night. | Harley Davidson Forums

Recommendations for better lighting riding at night.

Hoopie

Planning on leaving for a long trip in 16 days. I am concern about riding in dark on my FLHTCUI. Any suggestions or recommendations from those that have altered your stock lights to get better night vision on the road?

I added a pair of PIAA lights to my crashbars. REALLY bright, blue/white light. I crossed the Continental Divide near Chama, where it is virtually pitch black, and the PIAA's did the trick.

Can you tell me which PIAA set you used and if you had to purchase any additional fasteners?

I'd certainly start with Glider's recommendation - the Osram 80/100. Way cheaper than adding an entire light bar and they ship really fast so you could upgrade your headlight and go for a test ride that night to see if they work enough for you. If not, you'd still have some time to do the other stuff if that's the way you decide you want to go.

WELL last night i installed the osram h4 light bulb recommended here and DR. FEELGOOD WILDPIG SAYS: great light,, easily worth the money.. no over heating issues and getting a close eye on the wiring harness at headlight. definity a buy-- and since i run a springer-- only 1 5 3/4 oem headlight-- adequate lighting has always been an issue.. why ruin the looks of a springer with aux or extra lights installed? thats whole reason for the springer--- clear open exposed front end...................... yes by all means try the off road asram 100/80 h4 bulb.

Back