free website stats program Recognizing ABS on a Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Recognizing ABS on a Road King

rick1062

So, I need help again.

How can I tell, just by looking if a 2009 Road King Classic has ABS or not?

I am thinking of buying this bike and am told it has ABS. I just want to know for sure. I haven't had ABS on a bike before and I want to make sure that what I am being told is correct.

I never had ABS before, either. The 08 Ultra Classic I just got is absolutely great with the ABS...You can slam front and rear on, you hear a little chirp, and the scoot just stops...period. Nothing locks up, even if it's wet.:small3d018:

Start the engine and there will be a flashing light on the tach in the form of a wheel this will turn off when you start out. I also think if you look at the left front caliper there is a small module it says abs on it you have to look real close it's hard to see.
I am on my 2nd bike with abs it's definitely worth the money.

I am no expert on this and I dont have abs on my bike but I believe the only visible part of the system is if you look at the right side rear spacer it should have wires coming out of it. This spacer is also located on the left side front wheel. If I'm wrong somebody please correct me.

Dswartz is absolutely correct. Have a close look at the rear wheel, on the right side the axle spacer is the sensor for the rear ABS, it will have a wire coming out of it. The spacer is black. Same goes for the front only it is on the left side of the wheel.

easier to look at front wheel there is a black spacer instead of shinys ones on left front its abs

Ok Folks, thanks for the great info and replies. I got it now and I'm sure I will be able to tell if the bike has ABS or not.

Thanks Again.:s

Back