free website stats program Recently put on a Sundowner Solo... | Harley Davidson Forums

Recently put on a Sundowner Solo...

Sunnysideup

Wow does it feel good. Not crazy about the bulk of the thing just behind the gas tank but the more I ride the less I notice it. Funny how after 50 the mods I make are all for comfort, dependability, or safety.:newsmile053:

Put a sundowner on my 07 Streetbob, was weary because of the bulk but man, you are right. What a comfortable seat. I can click off the miles with little or no back or tail pain.

It moved me a tad forward from my old seat which hurt some due to my height (mid controls) but I'm getting used to it since I ride daily. If anyone lives with backpain and still puts miles on a bike, the Sundowner is one to consider.

I put a Sundowner two upper on and on the FXDX it moves me up and back about an inch or so for both. The stock seat looks cool but at certain speeds would have my eyeballs vibrating. Kinda makes it hard to enjoy the scenery when that happens. Being in the over 50 crowd myself, I also am more concerned with comfort and pain these days. I put the stock seat back on for a day and Wow! like sitting on a plank compared to the Sundowner. I was just thinking about shopping for a solo since I rarely will be carrying a passenger. Good to know the solo is comfy too.

I put a sundowner on my sporty Roadster and it feels better on the tail but wow does it hurt my back. I usually only have back pain (minor/med) in the lower back, if I do too little or much. but now, since I put the sundowner on my lower back hurts major in the AMs out of bed, and my mid back hurts when i ride, and a bit throughout the day.

The sundowner sits a bit further back then the stock seat so I'm leaned a bit more forward to the handle bars. I'm thinking I need to drop them back a bit.. Anyone have some advice?

I put a sundowner on my sporty Roadster and it feels better on the tail but wow does it hurt my back. I usually only have back pain (minor/med) in the lower back, if I do too little or much. but now, since I put the sundowner on my lower back hurts major in the AMs out of bed, and my mid back hurts when i ride, and a bit throughout the day.

The sundowner sits a bit further back then the stock seat so I'm leaned a bit more forward to the handle bars. I'm thinking I need to drop them back a bit.. Anyone have some advice?
Pullback risers may help some

I have pain in my back (arthritis) and also a a tailbone that starts screaming after an hour. Riding a SB I pretty much sit straight up with the mini apes. I am thinking about a set of standard handlebars to lean forward a little might ease the pain on the back and the butt.

The reason I am thinking this is I had a sporty before with a 2up Sundowner and non stock standard bars and could ride that thing for two hours no prob.

I guess it goes back to different strokes and do what works for you.

Back