free website stats program Recall on 09-10 models | Harley Davidson Forums

Recall on 09-10 models

This recall brings up an interesting point...cars and trucks are regularly tested for collision...eh..."worthiness"! Never considered a motorcycle a crash subject or samples being used along w/ "crash dummies" (just a visual here). I was aware of rollover, gas spillage and motorcycle exclusive safety countermeasures, never thought of such being the unspoken worsd on this type of research. Thankful someone thought about subject, even though it was always in the back of my (our) minds...!

Last edited:
I think that the resultes for a MC head on crash would be simular to a tomato from a sling shot up against a brick wall. Not a sight wished on anyone. Though I do wonder about the testing and how many new bike get crashed each year just to try to help us stay alive. Maybe they can work on a body air bag development within the leathers, it would work like the Michellin Man, or Pilsbury dow boy

Last edited:
I think that the resultes for a MC head on crash would be simular to a tomato from a sling shot up against a brick wall. Not a sight wished on anyone. Though I do wonder about the testing and how many new bike get crashed each year just to try to help us stay alive. Maybe they can work on a body air bag development within the leathers, it would work like the Michellin Man, or Pilsbury dow boy

HERE IN WESTERN WASHINGTON: I DRESS LIKE THE DOUGH BOY TO STAY WARM WHEN I DO GET IN A RIDE..... I'D PROBABLY ROLL LIKE A BALL IF I FELL OFF THE BIKE....

HAVN'T BEEN OUT FOR OVER TWO WEEKS, SINCE THE COLD FRONT KEEPS US BELOW NORMAL FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR...
THE 40'S TURNED TO 6* AND SELDOM GETS ABOVE FREEZING...

JUST THE WAY IT IS..COLDER THAN NORMAL ALL OVER THIS NATION..

I OFTEN THOUGHT THE "TEST CRASHES" WERE THE ONES I SEE ON TV OR THE AFTER THE FACT...

THAT USUALLY STRAIGHTENS ME OUT..... BACK INTO SAFER RIDING HABITS..

signed....BUBBIE

Back