free website stats program Rebuilt , Rebuildable & Reconstucted Title | Harley Davidson Forums

Rebuilt , Rebuildable & Reconstucted Title

kstrohs57

What is your opinion on the dealers that buy & fix wrecked motorcycles & repair to the rebuilt,rebuildable & reconstructed title . There is a dealer in Wisconsin that does this regularly & has an 07 ultra (20,779 miles)on E-BAY presently for $11,950 for BUY IT NOW . That's is a very reasonable price for 07 ultra . Is it worth the chance if you cant see in person :unsure??

Unless he is offering some type of money back if it doesn't meet your standards, which I doubt, the deal would not be for me. For me it's the pig in a poke deal. If I was serious I would make a trip to see the bike and hear it run. I would also check with my state on if I could sell the bike with the type title you get.

If it were my money, I wouldn't do it. The potential for giving back any savings in repairs or issues is too great IMO.

Depending on your state, titles can be looked at differently and not in a good way.

Insurance companies usually treat these type of bikes in a different light.
Not going to look at the bike as "used", the same way a bike not in an accident is looked as "used."
Damages have been paid.
Not likely to do it again.

Too many undamaged bikes out there.
I'm sure there are at least some "cosmetic" problems on the bike.

Look elsewhere.
With all the sales (trade-ins) with the 2014 bikes, the used bike prices are coming down.

What is your opinion on the dealers that buy & fix wrecked motorcycles & repair to the rebuilt,rebuildable & reconstructed title . There is a dealer in Wisconsin that does this regularly & has an 07 ultra (20,779 miles)on E-BAY presently for $11,950 for BUY IT NOW . That's is a very reasonable price for 07 ultra . Is it worth the chance if you cant see in person :unsure??

You're going to need transportation from Wisconsin to Ohio.
How far?
Really serious, you could take ride and look.
Need to go if you bought it anyway.
I'd never buy a damaged bike without looking at it.

P.S.
My bike is an '07 Ultra and I like it but many others out there.
Happened to be at the Peoria, IL dealer yesterday.
They had an '07 Ultra in the used bikes.
$15K.

Recon titles do not have value IMO, kinda like show me the ar fax JMO I would steer clear at any cost

Im sure there is some good comments on this delership in Wisconsin - they had sold 2,300 motorcycles on e-bay with 100% feed back rating . Guess you have consider the good with the bad if you buy a rebuilt ,rebuildlable , reconstructed titled motorcycle . I personaly have bought a harley low rider & harley ultra off e-bay site un-seen & could not be happier with the whole deal . By the way its only $400 to transport from Wisconsin to Ohio well worth the savings compared to the local dealership huge mark-ups on used bikes .

the credit union here in michigan would only loan half of what the bike was worth. but they gave me a signature loan instead go figure. the bike was 03 ultra for $5500

Simply stay away. The money saved is not worth the hassle later. Remember you get what you pay for.

This is a really hard question to answer without a lot more information. How much of the rebuild can you do yourself? Do you have good access to whatever parts you will need? Do you have any experience in the rebuilt vehicle market? I rebuilt my first totaled bike in 1985, and have done several more over the years since. My current ride is an '07 Ultra that I purchased as a total in December of 2007. I have put over 100,000 miles on it since the rebuild, but this route is not for everyone. As far as insurance companies go, once a vehicle is repaired in accordance with the state guidelines and properly licensed for highway use, it is no different than any other vehicle on the road. Banks are a different story. I do not know of any that will loan money on a vehicle with a salvage title, but several of our local banks will loan money against them after they are finished and licensed for use on the road. However, as pointed out earlier, each state is different and I can only speak about the way things work in Indiana. As appoint of clarification, in Indiana, if a vehicle is declared a total loss by an insurance company, it gets a "salvage" title attached to it. After said vehicle is repaired, inspected and all the appropriate paperwork is completed, the state will then issue a "rebuilt" title that will allow the vehicle to be licensed and insured for highway use. One more point to consider, there is no legal way of removing the "rebuilt" designation from the title, and as a rebuilt vehicle it will never bring top dollar when you are ready to sell. Furthermore, many dealers will not accept them as trades. All that being said, I have enjoyed good success with my rebuilds. I am not saying I made a lot of money on them, but I have been able to ride much newer bikes with higher levels of customization than I would have otherwise.

Back