free website stats program Rear Wheel Removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Wheel Removal

SirDimsdale

What is the best way to loosen the chrome lug nuts without damaging them. All I own is regular lug wrenches which I'm afraid to use.
Mike

Six point socket has less chance of hurting chrome. What lug nuts are you loosening
Ken

Usually these sockets are thin wall with a plastic sleeve over them to protect custom wheels.
Ken

DimsDale here they are at H.F.

7 Piece Metric and SAE 1/2 Lug Nut Impact Sockets

If that set don't include the size you need, wonder if you could wrap the lug with that self stick tread rubber sold at Ace Hardware. And then hopefully you will find another larger size socket to fit over the rubber wrap.
Thanks Ron, just purchased it. It has the same sizes that the astro pneumatic had and Jack recommended that set so it should have my size.

Thanks Ron, just purchased it. It has the same sizes that the astro pneumatic had and Jack recommended that set so it should have my size.

Great, don't wanna scratch up them chrome lugs. BTW you've called me Ron the last couple of times and that's cool, folks can call me most anything and it don't bother me. But I'm Dave, the RWB is for Redneck White Boy OR Red White & Blue which ever, they both describe what I am :lolrolling

But no big deal either way. I might get upset if my wife called me Ron in the middle of the night now. :lolrolling

Back