free website stats program Rear wheel on Road King Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear wheel on Road King Classic

jody7734

My '09 RKC is my first bagger. After cutting the back of my hand on the rear brake rotor for the third time I must be missing something. What is the trick to ceaning this wheel?

What part of the rotor is cutting your hand? If it is the edge, I would take some emery cloth(sandpaper) and smooth down the edge. Also a soft bristle bottle brush helps clean almost all wheels. I would stay away from the spray-on harsh cleaners out there. Some of them can damage the belt, seals, drive pulley etc.

Just on the edge of the rotor, they are cut pretty sharp when new, guess I could just wear my mechanix gloves I'm not really into sanding them down. My wife told me to try a swiffer duster, actually seems to get the brake dust off very well. Now I feel bad about posting those wife jokes yesterday.

I use 2 wash mits.
Take the bags off (I assume it is easy as the FLHR), wash both sides at once, roll the bike forward, the wash the other half.
The mitts keep me from getting cut.

Wow, those rotor edges need the edges broke with some type of emery cloth if they are drawing blood! My 08 FLHR rear brake rotor edges have a slight chamfer thank goodness.

I put her up on the $80 lift and spin the wheel with the bags off sittin on a stool to the left rear then the right...lower her and reposition lift to pin the rear and let the front spin freely and repeat.:s

I put her up on the $80 lift and spin the wheel with the bags off sittin on a stool to the left rear then the right...lower her and reposition lift to pin the rear and let the front spin freely and repeat.:s

Gee bugger, with a centre stand you could get the same result, but then again my bagger doesn't have one and neither does any FHLRCI that I know, so where did you get the lift from?

where did you get an $80 lift from? The only one I know of is at sears for like $120.

Back