free website stats program Rear turn signal lights have no power | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear turn signal lights have no power

ldon

I have a 2002 1200 Custom and I can not get power to the rear turn signal bulbs. The front signals work and when I unplug the turn signal module they will not work. Are the rear lights on a different circuit than the front ones? Could it be the circuit board in the tail light assembly? Are the rear lights fused separately from the fronts lights? I can get the rear bulbs to light if I take a hot wire and ground wire to their terminal pins so the wiring to the rear lights from the tail light assembly is good. Also the rear brake light is not going on when applying the brake.

There seems to be a break in the harness from under the seat to rear lights. Remove seat and check harness for any breaks or possible rubbing through harness from rear tire hitting under fender.... You did not mention if running light is on in the rear with key on..

There seems to be a break in the harness from under the seat to rear lights. Remove seat and check harness for any breaks or possible rubbing through harness from rear tire hitting under fender.... You did not mention if running light is on in the rear with key on..

Very good info Bernie, once you find the rear harness, hook the alligator clip of your test light to the negative of the battery or a good ground, probe the wires a few inches at a time to see where you do and do not have power, with ignition on you may wrap a bungee around the front hand brake to trip the stop light switch:s

Thanks I will let you know. The tail light does go on but does not indicate the brake being depressed.

Unplug the connectors and check for voltage, move your way forward.

Don`t poke holes in the wire.

Blue is running light.
Brown is right turn.
Violet is left turn.

Back