free website stats program rear tire | Harley Davidson Forums

rear tire

ggold

need to buy new rear tire for 06 springer classic, what would be a good replacement brand. I will be looking to keep whitewall tire.

need to buy new rear tire for 06 springer classic, what would be a good replacement brand. I will be looking to keep whitewall tire.

Have you checked out the forum here --- some info. already posted. What brandwas you running on there and how many miles did you get????

Get a factory replcement from your dealer. Around mid month in feb the dealers are getting twitchey and run specials. Check into it.:s

I suggest you stick to the same brand and type as you have on the front. Chances are you will get 2x rear tire for every front. So by the time the front is getting ready to replace, any tire you put on the rear now will likely be due. At that time you might consider changing brand/type of tires - front and rear.

TQ

I suggest you stick to the same brand and type as you have on the front. Chances are you will get 2x rear tire for every front. So by the time the front is getting ready to replace, any tire you put on the rear now will likely be due. At that time you might consider changing brand/type of tires - front and rear.

TQ
Factory Dunlop D402, I have almost 9000 miles on tire, is that normal wear ? So front should last to about 18000 ?

Factory Dunlop D402, I have almost 9000 miles on tire, is that normal wear ? So front should last to about 18000 ?

"Normal" is a relative word. Many of the folks here seem to report between 8-12k miles on their stock tires (Dunlops). My LAST one was considerably less at 5,570miles. All the variable factors come into play on the mileage a tire actually gets - road surface, miles ridden daily, tire pressure (this is a biggy!), load, riding style, etc.

Your mileage on the rear tire is fairly respectable. Most folks seem to get 1.5-2x rears to fronts. Rule of thumb is 2x, but obviously keep an eye on things for wear and/or unusual stuff happening. With only ONE front, and ONE rear tire, I opt to err on the "change it sooner" basis.

TQ

Back