free website stats program Rear tire size ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear tire size ?

5Pack

So.... Dunlop recommends the D402 MT90-16 on the rear of my '01 EG Classic. But i noticed that the MU85-16 has a higher load rating and deeper tread, and only slightly wider. Has anyone put the 85-16 on the rear of their EG? If i remember right, the 85-16 is for the RK(?):dknow

So.... Dunlop recommends the D402 MT90-16 on the rear of my '01 EG Classic. But i noticed that the MU85-16 has a higher load rating and deeper tread, and only slightly wider. Has anyone put the 85-16 on the rear of their EG? If i remember right, the 85-16 is for the RK(?):dknow

I have an '03 UC. If you go to Dunlop's site, they list the MU85-16s for the bikes starting in '04. I went ahead and put one on my '03 anyway. The one on there now is my second MU85-15 on this bike. I put an MT90-15 back on between the MU85s since it is slightly less expensive, but got terrible mileage on it (<6kmiles). So I have gone back to the MU85 to see how it does. No problems with fit or handling.

TQ

Thanks again TQ.
WOW, 6K is terrible! do you get better with the 85's because of tread depth or because of tire compound?

Thanks again TQ.
WOW, 6K is terrible! do you get better with the 85's because of tread depth or because of tire compound?

Not sure. I didn't keep close enough track (spreadsheet!!) of that kind of info and have not gone back to recreate it so that I would know how many miles I got on the first MU85. Have it now, so within a year I will have some more data!! I ride between 9k-10kmiles a year. Rest of it is in the car. When the little bike is back on the road, she can help share the wealth!!

TQ

Back