free website stats program Rear Tire on 07 Road King Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Tire on 07 Road King Classic

FLHRC07

Have a quick question on the rear tire for a 07 Road King Classic. Witht the new 09's have the same size as the 07 but is wider will I be able to put the new Dunlaps on my bike, will there be enough room as far as the fender? would like that extra meat. Thanks for any replies.

I have a question for all here ,Why do you want a wider tire? Unless you are on a sportbike with race tires designed for the application wider tires only impede your cornering ability,especially the flat face bagger style tire and they don't hold any more wieght. So what is the appeal of something that just takes away rideability?

Stick with the stock tire size, as Steve says, wider tire will want to "stand up" more when cornering, in a long sweeper generally wants to go wide, requiring more rider input to compensate and may drag on inner fender, swingarm etc...

Generally you can go one size larger and usually will not run into the above problems...

There is a reason that FBI and others sell wide tire kits - because you can't just slap wider rubber on and go. A stock tire JUST fits when you are putting it on or taking it off.

As others have stated it is a trade off between looks and function. I average at least 10K a year so function is a priority for me. If your just bar hopping then looks might take priority for you.

Back