free website stats program Rear tire life | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear tire life

sgt_1230

Just wondering what average rear tire life should be on a Fat Boy. My son's 09 has 8700 miles on it and she is pretty much bald. He is a very conservative rider and thought he should have gotten quite a few more miles out of it. Thanks. :bigsmiley29:

depending on how he rides..and if he does any 2 up riding, and also the brand
and if he keeps it inflated properly

average should be 10 to 12,000 my opinion.
i am sure some guys get more

Was that the original rear tire? On my 94 I got 5300 on the first tire. I've been running Avon Venom for the last 9 yrs and I generally get about 10,000 on the rear. Does your son ride solo or two up?

A lot will depend on the weight that he carries. Single or two up. How hard is he on the throttle and rear brake. What tire is it. I myself am 250lbs ride two up maybe 2000 miles on a rear tire and I get 10 to 12000 miles. I am using Dunlop Elite 3
kemo

I've got 13,500 on the original on my flstc - there is still some miles let on it. I ride mostly 1 up - probably 90% of the time.

On my 2008 I replaced the rear at 8,500 and not on wear bars. There is now 8,000 on rear and probably have 2,000 more to go before wear bars. So 8,700 miles is not bad.

I got 12, 500 on my rear dunlop 07 Street bob riding solo all its life:D

Has been talked about before and the spread from person to person and bike to bike is enormous. I got around 7.5K but others will double that. I can not explain it.

Has been talked about before and the spread from person to person and bike to bike is enormous. I got around 7.5K but others will double that. I can not explain it.

Weight, roads, PSI, riding style stop me any time LOL you are dead on again, Jack:s

Just replaced my rear Dunlop D401 after a little over 15,000 miles. First rear tire at 11,000 miles, Heritage just passed 26,000 on the spedo. I must admit the rear looked like a drag slick after my last trip and I probably pushed it too long.

Back