free website stats program rear tank mount kit | Harley Davidson Forums

rear tank mount kit

donc03

i bought a fatboy 2inch stretch for the sporty , some how the rear mount for the actual tank broke on one side my mistake for not using blue lock tight must have loosened up and the vibration actaully broke the U shape that goes onto the rubber mount . i fixed that but can not find another rear mount kit any where for it any one know where to get one i tried kc international and jp cycles allready

rear mount with rubbers is zodiac part number 345286
as im based in the uk i just send the part number i need to a zodiac dealer that i use and he will email back the price and get the part to me quickly
ther does not seem to be an online method of browsing and ordering of parts

Brian

Ive got a 2005 custom chrome catalogue and in it complete rear mounting kit is part number = 25422 but the desription says 1982 to 1994 models but as sportster frame didnt change between 1994 model and the 2003 model then should be ok for yours

Brian

ty i will look them up as what i saw today was both front and back mounts in the places i looked i will look who you suggested

didnt find the mounts any were , places that have them want to sell the whole kit i only need the back mount so i am having local machine shop mill me the parts .. seems you cant find them but you can get them if you buy another tank lol wth

I had a look at custom chrome website and part isnt listed anymore but it is still on the zodiac list
however i dont know ho you would get zodiac parts in your location

Brian

Back