free website stats program Rear Speakers | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Speakers

rsbourff

I have a 2008 FLHT and wanting to add a set of speakers to the rear so the passenger can hear the radio. Other then putting them in the saddlebag lids or adding a tour pac to the bike, is there any other options? The radio is a Sony

I've seen some custom jobs where they are placed inside the saddlebag facing the wheel. I would guess with some good speakers and a big enough amp you would get pretty good sound to the passenger area.

Harley Davidson has speakers mounted in a backrest for the passenger on some touring models. You could attach speakers onto a tall sissy bar, but I think you would be the first to do it. One other choice is to put small speakers into a helmet. Good Luck!

:44:

I would think mounting the speakers in the saddlebag lids would be your best option cost wise as compared to buying a tourpak.

I was on the HD site and they sell pre cut lids now.

Take care,
Dave

i installed a set of "shark audio" that comes with a small 50 watt amp on my 1500 nomad.. had to make some brackets but, they work well for the money.. wasn`t but about 50 bucks on ebay...

Attachments

• cup holder1.jpg
    cup holder1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 14
i installed a set of "shark audio" that comes with a small 50 watt amp on my 1500 nomad.. had to make some brackets but, they work well for the money.. wasn`t but about 50 bucks on ebay...

Innovative idea. Did you use any kind of quick disconnect?

No i didn`t but actually ea speaker has its own plug that goes into the amp & its just a matter of cutting plastic ties if ya need to remove it..

Back