free website stats program Rear shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear shocks

I am considering changing my rear progressives to Road King Air shocks. Has anybody done this. I've read that the ride is smoother. 2008 Xl1200.
Any thoughts?

Well in the old days I put struts on, I liked the way it firmed up the back, but I was not at the age where comfort was a factor I had to consider. Then went to Sturgis I think in 90 or 91 and Progressive had a kiosk and put a set of those on and set them to the stiffest setting and still have them today. I was and am very happy with those shocks.

I would be concerned of the shear size of King's shock being able to fit the rear of a sportster with no body mods......

Road king or most touring shocks work fine on a Sportster although my preference was to go with Progressive .. Touring shocks were made for a heavier frame and if use more than 10 PSI on them with a Sporty the Ride is Harsh .. Progressive 440's are the Ultimate with a Sporty owned enough Sportsters over the years know this to be a fact ..

Very nice, the shot of you sitting on the Sporster looks like a mid-seventies Ironhead. Is the last pic a 79? And the middle shot must be fairly new needing love bug protection :). Ford Fairlane 500?

Back