free website stats program Rear shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear shocks

67wizard

Man the rear shocks on my UC really don't work very well. It rides like a lumber wagon or ruffer. What is a good pair of shocks to use? Air adjust would be ok as well as non air. Also have been wondering about lowering the bike rear end about 1 inch. Opinions welcome.

Did you adjust the rear for your weight and load...solo or 2-up and do you have sufficient margin to adjust up and down?

I put on a set of progressive 430's and love them - they come in different lenghts,if you want to lower your bike 1" just buy a set of 12'' ones

The ride on my 10 ULTRA is ok as long as the air stays up. I ride at the top pressure tow up, and it leaks down in a week, or 500 miles to around 40 and the bike will bottom . The dealer checked the connections and found no leaks. Is this just the way the new shocks are, and something I have to live with?

I have tried all different PSI setting and they all seem to ride rough. My shocks don't leak as I check it before each ride. The book calls for two up 50 PSI, I have started at 25 PSI up riding solo and its just not good hitting a small bump and your bottom feels like its up around your shoulders. I think my next idea is to try progressive shocks. Its all in the rearend, I changed the oil in the front and they seem to be ok, both before and after the oil change. After maybe a little smoother action.

I have tried all different PSI setting and they all seem to ride rough. My shocks don't leak as I check it before each ride. The book calls for two up 50 PSI, I have started at 25 PSI up riding solo and its just not good hitting a small bump and your bottom feels like its up around your shoulders. ******

67wizard,

I have 09 Roadking, I never needed more than 18 /20 lbs solo (me 205 lbs) and 22 lbs w/pack and 30/35 doubled w/pack..

I get a bouncy ride only when Over on the air.

If you try another shock, let us know YOUR results Thanks.

signed....BUBBIE

67wizard,

I have 09 Roadking, I never needed more than 18 /20 lbs solo (me 205 lbs) and 22 lbs w/pack and 30/35 doubled w/pack..

I get a bouncy ride only when Over on the air.

If you try another shock, let us know YOUR results Thanks.

signed....BUBBIE

Hey BUBBIE I think your Roadking and my UC have different shocks
to start with, my book calls for Solo rider 200-250 LBS 20-30 PSI
Ride plus passenger 40-50 PSI (per page 64-65) Touring Models owners manual.

Yea, they must have changed rear shocks from the 08 to your '10 model. My book calls for 10psi at my 185 weight. I run the 10psi and no problems with bottoming out. I've only ridden solo up to this point, no riders however.

I ran progressives springs front/back on my prior metric cruiser - good shocks.

Hey BUBBIE I think your Roadking and my UC have different shocks
to start with, my book calls for Solo rider 200-250 LBS 20-30 PSI
Ride plus passenger 40-50 PSI (per page 64-65) Touring Models owners manual.

Here is one time I Close the book and go by FEEL!

signed....BUBBIE:D

Back