free website stats program Rear Shock Bolt Size | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Shock Bolt Size

irishwolf

Hi
Wondering if someone can help me with the size and thread i need for the rear top shock bolt on the following model.
Im living in UK so not sure if sizes are the same.

2007 Dyna Super Glide Custom

Heard these bolts were only fitted on 2006 and 2007 model but unsure.

Ride Safe
Syd

Hi
Wondering if someone can help me with the size and thread i need for the rear top shock bolt on the following model.

Ride Safe
Syd

Syd,

Don't know the size, but the HD p/n is 3378 for the lowers and 54718-06A for the upper:

Ronnie's Harley-Davidson's 2007 Harley-Davidson® Motorcycle FXDC SUPER GLIDE CUSTOM® (GV)

If someone has a 2007 HD Parts Manual, it may list what that screw is sizewise. The other alternative is to take it with you to a hardware store and just match it close enough!!

TQ

Last edited:
Irish, If you still need the bolt size, I can look in my 2006 book. Not sure it will list the information you need though. Just let me know.

Hi

Ride Safe
Syd

Since the head of the bolt is 3/4 it should be a 1/2 in bolt, bet it is USS thread, JMO

Thanks everyone for your help,just been told the bolt size is 1/2 x 13 so now the search begins for the bolt.
Im not looking Harleys Original as i heard of a few snapping,so thats the reason im looking grade 8 aftermarket bolt.
Syd

Irish,

If it helps, the '07 Dyna Service Manual says to use 2-3 drops of blue (243) locktite on the bolts and the torque specs are:

Lower screw 30-40 ft-lbs 40.7-54.2 Nm
Upper screw 75-85 ft-lbs 101.7-115.2 Nm

Back