free website stats program Rear shock accordion gaters split. | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear shock accordion gaters split.

banjopete

Hey guys,
My '95 FLHTC with 265,000 kms on it, has splits on the rear shock gaiters right at the outer accordion joint in several places. My local dealer says no parts are available; the internet shows lots available for '97's and up. Does anyone know the difference in size of the rear shocks from '97 and '97 and below. Does anyone have a known work-around?..... or after 22 yrs and all this mileage, should I even care about fixing them?

Thanks.....Pete

There has been a lot of rear suspension inquiries lately. I went onto the Progressive web site and I think your classic has 13" shocks. If money is an issue, there is a guy here that has a set of OEM shocks with only a couple hundred miles on them that may fit your ride.
Edit...Nitro 54 is selling a set.

There has been a lot of rear suspension inquiries lately. I went onto the Progressive web site and I think your classic has 13" shocks. If money is an issue, there is a guy here that has a set of OEM shocks with only a couple hundred miles on them that may fit your ride.
Edit...Nitro 54 is selling a set.
Thanks Mongo....but my shocks themselves are perfect...it's only the rubber boots ( gaiters) I need.

Thanks Mongo....but my shocks themselves are perfect...it's only the rubber boots ( gaiters) I need.

A 21 year old bagger with perfect shocks?
I really doubt it.
They may look good but Harley shocks aren't made to last for years.

My shocks were "perfect" as they looked good but when I replaced them with Progressive shocks, the change was awesome.

Back