free website stats program Rear pulley | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear pulley

Redfish-Joe

I stopped by a friends house today and he wanted to ride my Road Glide. I hopped on his 09 Ultra and there we went. I had barely pulled out of his driveway when I started hearing something loose, a metallic sound. Pulled over when I could and got to looking and his rear pulley was broke. The inner rim was totally broken off the pulley, the belt had tracked inward about 3/4" and the pulley rim had beat the heck out of his wheel rim.

Oh yeah, I did turn his stereo off before we left. He said he never heard anything.

Has this happened to anyone else? Called the shop and they haven't heard of this either. We will see what they say Saturday when we take it in.

A picture or two would speak a thousand words. This I gotta see.

I've been to two world fairs and 3 goat ropings and I ain't never seen anything like that.:D:D

I'll take my camera over there Saturday when we put it on the trailer. I'll post them Saturday night.

so let me get this right the inner stop plate on the rear pully has come off and its clattering around the wheel!!!
the only time i saw anything like this was with Daver perowitz on biker build off were his pulley completely sheared off

That is exactly what is going on. Made a weird sound rolling on the rim. :D

A picture or two would speak a thousand words. This I gotta see.

Here are the pictures. Note the rim. It got it pretty bad. The service writer saw his trailer hitch and said if the MOCO knew about that the warranty would be void. Me being me I said I had one on my bike also and would he please show me where it will void the warranty. Well, Dan's bike is being fixed under warranty.:D

Oh yeah, he said the problem was the trailer caused the bike to make too much torque. Dan and I looked at each other and laughed. They will blow smoke if you let them!:D:D

Attachments

• Img_3635.jpg
    Img_3635.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Img_3637.jpg
    Img_3637.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 76
  • Img_3638.jpg
    Img_3638.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Img_3641.jpg
    Img_3641.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 68
  • Img_3639.jpg
    Img_3639.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 68
being that solid aluminum that is wild its like it was purposely under cut the way it broke no jagged edges

Redfish Joe to the rescue!Imagine what would have happened if you didnt jump on that bike and recognize the severity of the problem.

If that thing locked up on him at speed?????

Id say he's buying the brews for a while.

Redfish Joe to the rescue!Imagine what would have happened if you didnt jump on that bike and recognize the severity of the problem.

If that thing locked up on him at speed?????

Id say he's buying the brews for a while.

Yep he's good for them!

Really I most likely would not have heard anything unless I turned his stereo off. Riding a different bike I don't like distractions. Good thing I did!!

Back