free website stats program rear fender clearance to tire | Harley Davidson Forums

rear fender clearance to tire

08 ultra,10,000 miles, noticed rear fender not centered with tire, there is less clearance between tire and left side of fender- enough to easily notice by placing fingers between tire and fender, and seems very close on left. Just wondering if anyone has seen this or would comment. Thanks, great site.

Rear Wheel Alignment - Harley Davidson Community

My bad for not searching selfhelp better. Found Glider mentioned that very few harleys rear wheels are centered with fender when sprockets are aligned properly. Just seems very little clearance between tire and fender on left side.Normal I guess. Too much time on my hands being unemployed in Michigan!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a common problem off the assembly line, however it can be corrected if so desired. Loosen the rear fender bolts 2 in front 4 in back, stick a small board of equal size on each side between the tire sidewall and the back of the inner fender. Now tighten the bolts and remove boards. Tire should now be centered. Softails often have the same problem. Just a thought if it bothers you, I know it did me!!

Thanks for the good luck wishes and info. I will likely try to center the fender as there needs to be more clearance IMO and sounds simple enough. thanks again.

Back