free website stats program Rear-ended - bent frame, metal, etc. | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear-ended - bent frame, metal, etc.

Sharky1948

The good news is that it was my wife's BMW325xi and she is just fine! :D
(Idiot with bad brakes hit her.)

Glad it wasn't the Road King!

Am I a sick puppy or what???

Glad your wife is ok and sorry about the damage to the Beemer. Some bad irresponsible cagers out there:bigsmiley19::bigsmiley19:

Glad the car's the only thing damaged. I'm willing to bet the brakes weren't as much of a factor as the speed and following distance. I've been tempted to "brake check" idiots tail gating me many times but I kind of like the way the back of my old Volvo wagon looks!

Sharky...thanks for scaring me when I saw the post expecting the worst. It sure was a good thing it happened with plenty of iron to protect your wife. :33:

Makes you realize how easy a driver behind not paying attention can hit something that big, could easily miss seeing our 4 foot wide bikes.:no

Glad the car's the only thing damaged. I'm willing to bet the brakes weren't as much of a factor as the speed and following distance. I've been tempted to "brake check" idiots tail gating me many times but I kind of like the way the back of my old Volvo wagon looks!

My wife was actually stopped at a stop sign. The woman that hit her told the cop that she knew the brakes were shot on her car!

Thanks to all for your concerns. I actually put this up as kind of a gag since I knew everyone would assume that it was a bike that was involved. But, it's nice to know that everyone cares!

Glad it wasn't the Road King!

Am I a sick puppy or what???
Reminds me of a local news spot in St. Paul, MN many years ago where the reporter was talking to this guy in late winter while a car was being pulled from the lake in the background. The guy was obviously a little lit and when asked what he thought of his car going in like that, he said he didn't give a (EDIT)it was his wife's car.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
She knew the brakes were bad pretty lame reason to be driving good luck glad no one was hurt its too bad people dont take care of important things like brakes

Back