free website stats program Rear Break Switch Recall Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Break Switch Recall Question

Turk55

I have an 09 SG but have changed exhaulst to true dual, no cats, I heard that the recall is bacause the cat where to close to the switch with new exhaulst do I still need to go in?

It is a safety recall and should be done. Why risk a blow out of switch while riding and the possible consequences that might follow?????

Just did mine on my 2010 FLHTK, and I also changed out the cat's. Figured it was free, so why not. Couldn't hurt....It's like a 30 minute job.

If this is a DOT recall it needs to be done, The MOCO will pay the freight on this one:s

I have an 09 SG but have changed exhaulst to true dual, no cats, I heard that the recall is bacause the cat where to close to the switch with new exhaulst do I still need to go in?
I don't think the recall has anything to do with cats, as my 09 was part of the recall and was delivered without a cat.

I don't think the recall has anything to do with cats, as my 09 was part of the recall and was delivered without a cat.

You are correct in that the recall does not specifically mention the cats but it does reference the heat from the exhaust as being a cause for possible failure. My thinking is the cats can only add to the problem.

Giving her more fuel and getting rid of the cats should help cool things down hopefully helping with the longevity of the switch whether it be the old or new one. Either way replacing the switch would be recommended.

You are correct in that the recall does not specifically mention the cats but it does reference the heat from the exhaust as being a cause for possible failure. My thinking is the cats can only add to the problem.

Giving her more fuel and getting rid of the cats should help cool things down hopefully helping with the longevity of the switch whether it be the old or new one. Either way replacing the switch would be recommended.
I definitely agree the switch should be replaced. Had mine replaced today. Puzzles me that the heat is the 'sole' issue, considering the ample clearance between the switch & the pipe. JMO

I definitely agree the switch should be replaced. Had mine replaced today. Puzzles me that the heat is the 'sole' issue, considering the ample clearance between the switch & the pipe. JMO

Maybe to hard to admit the original part was junk and to blame the heat sounds better - Just saying :p

Back