free website stats program Rear brake pedal cover | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear brake pedal cover

lowrider1963

Has anyone ever installed an aftermarket brake pedal cover on the stock mid control rear brake lever on a Dyna? Can you just drill a hole through the pedal and attach the new cover on top?

I installed the Kuriakyn cover on my Deuce last year. The stock rubber cover is held on by a rubber nub that goes thru a hole in the middle of the metal brake lever. I used vaseline and was able to pop the stock cover off, then the new cover just bolted on, through the same hole. The whole job took me about 8 minutes.

Don't know if the Dyna brake pedal is the same though.

The problem is on the Dynas, the rear brake pedal is a single piece, there is no rubber or separate piece to take off and replace.

If you can find a suitable replacement pad size wise that will fit the brake pedal, you can drill the attachment hole to fit it on.

I have never seen a repl. rubber pad for a Dyna (mid control) pedal. As a Dyna owner, I think any pedal that would be even a little larger would hinder my foot on the peg. I keep my stock pedal polished to a near chrome shine. Looks better than rubber imo.

Try this. An old trick I used to do to my pegs on my dirt bikes. Get a bastard file and make some grooves at 90 degrees to the ones on the pedal now. Be careful. You can make them have sharp points which will grip your boots. Just a thought.

Back