free website stats program Realistic $ ask for 1995 FLHTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Realistic $ ask for 1995 FLHTC

banjopete

Hey guys, I'm still riding, but at 78 it might be time to hang up the helmet. I want put my 1995 ( bought Sept '94) FLHTC on the market and asking if any of you kind gents has an idea as to a reasonable $ ask?? The bike is still a daily runner during our summers up here, high mileage 310,000 kms ( 192.6k miles) unoverhauled. But has had lots of bits replaced over my last 26 yrs with her...cam shaft, clutch, belt, stator, lifters,lotsa gaskets but still runs on original pistons, rings, cyls, heads, valves, carb. Visually looks like it does in my avatar but has its share stone, sand and bird strike nicks.
Any thoughts.....Thanks PeteAr.jpg

Thanks Jamesearl....for me, it's going to be straight sale..no dealer in my neck of the woods will touch a bike this old with this level of mileage.

Yeah,that's the thing with looking up book values,they will give you a price,but ain't gonna write you a check for that amount.Good luck with it.

Wow, what a reliable, trusted friend that bike must be. With that said, the age and mileage will be a detriment to almost all potential buyers unless the price is very attractive. I don't know your location, but in my location, Georgia I would guess $3,500 as a starting point.

Book say's 4 grand if you trade it,but should retail close to 6
Thanks Jamesearl....for me, it's going to be straight sale..no dealer in my neck of the woods will touch a bike this old with this level of mileage.
Wow, what a reliable, trusted friend that bike must be. With that said, the age and mileage will be a detriment to almost all potential buyers unless the price is very attractive. I don't know your location, but in my location, Georgia I would guess $3,500 as a starting point.
You are right Breeze...sure has been a good friend for a long time...I feel your number is where it's likely to end up but I would hate to start there....Pete

Hey liquid_wrench...My bike has run its whole life on Harley branded 20/50 with HD filters and HD oils in tran and primary until I replaced the clutch with a Barnet stack of plates. Changed by the book which called for 8000 kms or 5000 miles, give or take 5% either way...still running original front tapered bearings but changed the rear ones this passed winter...also lubed every 16,000 kms. Treat them right...they treat you right.

Back