free website stats program Reach Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Reach Seat

dblt74

Hi guys I am looking at putting a Harley Reach Seat on my 07 Road Glide and I would like to here from anybody that has put one on any touring bike to see if the like it and how much it helped them reach the ground thanks for any help

That and a lowering kit I can reach the ground flatfooted. Not as comfortable as my Sundowner, but after a couple of hours it's time to fill up anyway.

I bought a reach seat for my Electra Glide. I hated it. It did move me down an inch or so, but, the problem was it also moves you forward. I needed to go down not forward. I felt like I was on top of the tank. I went to a upholstery shop and the guy did a great job of transforming the original seat into one I can live with. My feet are now flat on the ground and I'm sitting in the bike and not on top of it. $180 with a gel pad included.

How do you ike your sundowner seat does it set any lower than the stock seat and how is the passenger pillon

Hi guys I am looking at putting a Harley Reach Seat on my 07 Road Glide and I would like to here from anybody that has put one on any touring bike to see if the like it and how much it helped them reach the ground thanks for any help

I put the Reach seat on my '03 UC and lowered the front and back of the bike. I did this primarily to lower the CoG in order to get more stability for the bike. Lower ME an inch or so, and moving me forward about the same has made a BIG difference.

TQ

I replaced the stock seat on my '98 RK Classic with a Reach seat and it helps me comfortably stop flat-footed. More importantly, my wife says the Reach seat is extremely comfortable for her! :p

I put the Reach on my 09 S/G and it helped me a lot. I needed to move forward and down. I've been hesitant to lower the forks not knowing how it would affect the handling, turn-in etc…
Anyone who has done this tell me if it changed much and in what way.

I did a little research for my '09 Road King between the reach seat and Sundowner. Bought the Sundowner and I'm not sorry at all! It is lower, and narower at the thighs, so I got 2 positives out of one seat. The passenger pillion is wider, so.... the mother of my three children is happier too. Life is good.

I put the Reach on my 09 S/G and it helped me a lot. I needed to move forward and down. I've been hesitant to lower the forks not knowing how it would affect the handling, turn-in etc…
Anyone who has done this tell me if it changed much and in what way.

If you lower, do both the front and the back. That way you are trying to maintain the same geometry of the bike.

When you lower, you change the CoG of the bike. That will make the ride more stable, at least it did for me. Consequence though is less ground clearance. I do drag the floorboards or jiffy stand on some corners. Also have to be careful about the types of bumps I go over (speed bumps, curbs, etc.). The plusses definitely outweigh the negatives IMHO.

TQ

I Installed A Reacher Seat On A 08 Roadking. I Was Not Happy And The Wife Found Her Seat To Hard To Ride. So, I Lowered The Bike With Hd Lowering Shocks And Had The Original Seat Cut Down. I'm Thinking Of Purchasing An Air Ride Suspension System From Arnott Company.

Back