free website stats program Re-Tuning | Harley Davidson Forums

Re-Tuning

tlyoungb

Hi,

Question. I am going to put my stock exhaust back on my 2014 Ultra. I currently have the SE Street Canons on with a stage 1 air cleaner. I had it tuned using the SERT. If I was to put the stock cans back on, would I need to re tune the bike?

Thanks.

Using the SERT your scoot was tuned for a more free flowing exhaust and the stock will definitely be more restrictive. Any big changes will affect the tune you now have so yes you should retune after the exhaust change.

Thanks for the input.
WAP.gif

Hey Jeff. Let me ask you this. I have the SERT. Is it possible to put the bike back to the way it was before using the SERT. I understand how it works, but what I thought was that when the SERT was used the original map was stored on the device just in case it was needed to be remapped back to the original. The reason I ask it this. I believe 1 that is was mistake to get the SERT. Every time I think a change needs to be made, you can't make it unless you take it back to the dealer and pay them to re-tune. That just get way to costly in my opinion. I can't afford that. 2. If I got the cables, could I do it myself. I was able to download the SERT Program online and install it on my laptop. I thought I would give that a try. If I could get it back to default map I was going to use some other method of tuning instead of the sert.

Hey Jeff. Let me ask you this. I have the SERT. Is it possible to put the bike back to the way it was before using the SERT. I understand how it works, but what I thought was that when the SERT was used the original map was stored on the device just in case it was needed to be remapped back to the original. The reason I ask it this. I believe 1 that is was mistake to get the SERT. Every time I think a change needs to be made, you can't make it unless you take it back to the dealer and pay them to re-tune. That just get way to costly in my opinion. I can't afford that. 2. If I got the cables, could I do it myself. I was able to download the SERT Program online and install it on my laptop. I thought I would give that a try. If I could get it back to default map I was going to use some other method of tuning instead of the sert.

Yes you can set it back to stock yourself by using the cables and your lap top computer and the disk you downloaded. You can also do any necessary tuning you want in the comforts of your own garage using the lap top.

If you need any help or have questions on how to do it yourself send BUBBIE a pm, he has tuned his using this method. Having this option there's no need to take it to the dealer.

Not saying it shouldn't be retuned but since you're keeping the stage 1 AC on why not just swap out the slip on's and see how she runs? The map cant be that much different, is it?
Any body totally disagree - please feel free to do so.

Not saying it shouldn't be retuned but since you're keeping the stage 1 AC on why not just swap out the slip on's and see how she runs? The map cant be that much different, is it?
Any body totally disagree - please feel free to do so.

My only concern would be maybe running to rich but stray dog has a good point. Change out the slip ons and see how it runs, you can always tune her to your liking.:s

I'm a carb guy but I would let her rip and see what happens...

If the SERT was installed and tuned by a dealer, it's likely that it was done on the EPA compliant side (lean). I agree with others above to ride it and see how it does. It might surprise you how good it runs. Whatever, please let us know the results.

Back