free website stats program re-mapping or recalibrations needed ? | Harley Davidson Forums

re-mapping or recalibrations needed ?

Hey gang !

I am wondering if you install after market mufflers or drill out the stock mufflers, do you have to recalibrate the engine or re-mapp it ??

I have a 2008 FLHT Electra Glide (with Fuel injection)

I appreciate your thoughts on the matter.!

Thanks for the tips Glider.

I am assuming of course that it doesn't matter that it's a canadian bike ?
(Since they are all build in america then shipped up here, i wouldn't assume there would be an issue)

nope no issues at all even the HDi bikes suffer no problems once remapped

now can you lads suggest a couple of good brands for the slip ons ?

I know there is a good brand out there Van something or other, i have forgotten the name.

thanks again for the help Hobbit and GLider )

i just purchased a 2010 street glide ....WOW

the options to upgrade the exhaust is nonexistant, unless i want to re do entire system..

called vance and hines and was told oct-nov for a slipon...

they said NO remap will be needed..stock fuel/breather will be fine..

what do you think, any opinion?

i just purchased a 2010 street glide ....WOW

the options to upgrade the exhaust is nonexistant, unless i want to re do entire system..

called vance and hines and was told oct-nov for a slipon...

they said NO remap will be needed..stock fuel/breather will be fine..

what do you think, any opinion?

I just bot the scream'n eagle air today for my new FLHR...

I have already installed V&H slip-ons (stock air okay) It still runs too lean as harley has it from the get-go... It runs okay without re-map but I'll need to do harleys (still too lean) cheap download for stage 1 when AIR is put on OR buy myself a tuner.... The tuner probably is the way to go....IT"S what GLIDER SAYS..... I TRUST in his OPINION

Has anyone seen USED tuners for sale or is a NEW new one needed???

I've read so many post on hdtimeline and all said about the same..... exhaust ok but more air NOT, without re-map...HD service said the same today....

I sure liked the OLD SYSTEM with jets I could widdle with....

OLD FASHIONED signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie,
Based on the information provided on this site I made the following changes to my Ultra Classic (from original stock) and I am very happy with the results and I have had no issues with 4 months of use (100 miles/day commute to work)
Screamin Eagle air cleaner/intake
TFI (Dobeck Performance)
Vance and Hines Slip-on Ovals

I did all the installation myself and after some slight adjustment to the TFI (mainly based on trading some power for better fuel milage) and taking a peak at the spark plug color from time to time, I am very happy. In the stock configuration my plugs definitely had a "straw-like" color. Now, they are what the typical photo of "normal" is supposd to be. Since I made all of the changes at one time, I can't say how much impact each individual change made. The mufflers were a tough call for me because sound and loudness is a very personal experince. I ride with a full face helmet and earplugs on my daily commute even when I had the stock mufflers. But, I can still hear the stereo (although muted, I would not describe the music as simply a "background noise" ) over the mufflers/helmet/plugs. I would suggsest that the mufflers (ovals) are fairly mild if you stay out of the throttle or you are crusing in top gear. When you roll-on, you will definitely notice.

Of all of it the most physically demanding portion was removing the left side, stock muffler. For some reason that really siezed onto the pipe.

The Dobeck staff was great to talk to on the phone and installtion was very easy. The hardest part there was raising the fuel tank due to the fule cross over line but it was still relatively easy. I am not trying to sell the TFI unit, but simply stating my choice. I wanted something relatively simple and the idea of using a screw driver for adjustment seemed more within my capabilities and a computer program.

Hope this helps.

PORTER

YES that helped totally... thanks!

where did you order the TFI (dobeck performance) and $$ .... thank you...

and when you say adjust with a screwdriver,,,, NO computer??

I need that type of unit as a computer is not my way... I can enjoy a unit I can adjust and looking at the plugs to fine tune sounded the way I would like to go...

I assume that TFI tuner would allow future adjustments if other HIGH PERFORMANCES or add-ons are used? correct?

some where I saw on this forum a suggested party or company to use when buying a TFI? said maybe free shipping?????? or discount??? I 'm game to use FRIENDS of the forum when buying this product...

any help here would be appreciated........

signed....BUBBIE

Back