free website stats program RE: Concerned or Confused Wife ? | Harley Davidson Forums

RE: Concerned or Confused Wife ?

Randall K. Wilson

I have owned three different Roadkings since Aug. of 1997. Presently I have an '03 with 40Kmiles. I have elected to keep this cycle and bag a new Softail Deluxe, then set in on personalizing it as I did my King.

If all goes well I will pick it up tomorrow. My wife finally put it together last night that the Deluxe does not have saddle bags. She ask, "where are you going to put your rainsuit?" I told her if rain was so obvious I would ride the King. She ain't buying it and now she thinks I'm making a mistake for not getting a bike with bags. She is visualizing me getting caught out on the Deluxe and getting drenched, (and probably so)?

If I'm making a mistake buying the Deluxe.... well it won't be the first time....

Id say she's concerned. I dont have any bags on my sporty. Would like to get some but havent. Anyway, I have got caught in the rain and boy does it hurt!!!! hehehe

I'd say concerned too, but I wouldn't worry about it.........she'll fall in love with the bike, I'm sure.

a friend of ours has a Deluxe, and she had Saddle bags put on and they look great on the Deluxe.

Let me get this straight, you already have a nice ride. You are keeping it AND getting another one and all she is worried about are saddlebags??? She's not confused or concerned. That woman is a saint! If I wasn't already married, I'd ask if she had a sister... does she?:)

There is no confusion , its good she is concerned , most of us have to hide our ad ons from the better half , I say get what she asks for , her wants and needs are in the correct place...........

Bags are always good to have i carry water proofs spare gloves and a chain lock in mine and they also come in handy if i do any shopping

Brian

Let me get this straight, you already have a nice ride. You are keeping it AND getting another one and all she is worried about are saddlebags??? She's not confused or concerned. That woman is a saint!
TIS ! :s

My little hen is 5ft 2" 115lbs. (dynamite comes in small packages), Motorcycally speaking, I'm pretty much a spoiled man for 37 years now....along the lines of our beloved sport there is one thing that she detest. That being a side-car. I've always had a warm spot for a side-car, but I know she would frown on such. She thinks a side-car hooked to a Hawg is gross, hideous, and some other terms she has used.

Hence I've passed on bagging a side-car. To me though the side car is the Ultimate Harley accessory!

Last year while in Branson Mo., a bike pulled in while we were walking into a show. Hubby was at the bars, wife behind and two kids came climbing out of the sidecar. I was amazed at the room (granted the kids were preteen). It had some sort of zip-on fabric top (like a soft top on a jeep) and it had to be air-conditioned since it was hot that day and those kids would have cooked in that thing with a top. I am not a sidecar fan, but this was a neat setup. Looking back, I wished I would have taken the time to walk over and talk to the people.

Back