free website stats program RC oil scavenger. | Harley Davidson Forums

RC oil scavenger.

kemo

R.I.P
Does anyone use this system. Kind of makes sense. They advertise how good it is for your body to be detoxified. I can compare detoxifing and scavageing to be kind of the same sort of thing. One is cleansing your body and the other is cleansing your engine sump. What do you think?

Expensive for what it is but I like the idea. You can do it without the system but you waste a qt of oil and it's a bit messy.

Next question. If you use a good syn. oil and a oil cooler and scavange out your sump can you expect more mileage from your oil. Using all three would there be a pay back eventually.

RC Scavenger. Very neat!

But why can't I just cut the hose clamp off the return line, remove the line from the nipple, push on a clear piece of tubing, run the engine until clean oil coming out, shut down, reinstall the return oil line with a new clamp and crimp it, change the oil filter, refill the tank and back it out? If I am really worried about it, I could install a cheap Fram oil filter before I start the engine, and then change that for a HD filter when done!

A hundred and fifty buys a bunch of clamps (and cheap Fram filters)!!

TQ

On yours TQ, you can do that, but on the newer ones the oil lines are internal so it isn't possible.

Ah! That's right. Is there an alternative for those folks with newer bikes?

TQ

Back