free website stats program rattle | Harley Davidson Forums

rattle

chuck60

I have a 2012 Street Glide and I get a very annoying rattle from the license plate riding down the road. What can I do to stop it? And it is coming from the license plate area.

Is there a dealer frame on plate???? If so start by removing their frame...

I have a 2012 Street Glide and I get a very annoying rattle from the license plate riding down the road. What can I do to stop it? And it is coming from the license plate area.

First thing , can you isolate the exact area the rattle is? This bike should be in warranty, I would drop by your dealer and have them check it out

I had a rattle in the back of my 09 SG and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Finally I found it and it ended up being the fender extension on the left side. Tightened the fasteners and good as new.

Exhaust bracket was my rear rattle. Tap the license plate and around it with you hand to see if you can find the offending noise.

I believe I found the problem at the license plate holder, but I will check the other things as well. Thanks all.

I had a rattle in the back of my 09 SG and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Finally I found it and it ended up being the fender extension on the left side. Tightened the fasteners and good as new.

The rattle was coming from the fender extender, there is a piece of rubber that keeps it from rubbing on the bracket and it was missing, so I put a new piece in and it's all good.

Back