free website stats program Rain Gear question | Harley Davidson Forums

Rain Gear question

Turk55

Thinking its time to pickup rain gear, tired of having wet butt :bigsmiley25:, looking for some ideas on what brand to get - HD or??

I'm afraid that I cannot add my recommendation to the FroggTogg's. I bought two sets (Horny Toadz) in the fall of 2011. Both pairs of pants have been replaced twice and one of them still leaks. I will say that their customer service department responded quickly to my complaint, but in the end, the pants still leak. I have been very disappointed. I am not sure what I am going to buy to replace the FroggTogg's, but I will not own another set of them.

I also had a bad experience with Frogg Toggs. The zipper broke one day into a trip in the pouring rain so I was forced to buy something to replace it. Went with the two piece, high vis HD suit and I love it. Pricey (around $200 or 250 if my memory serves me) but works great, easy on and off, and you're still highly visible even in a dark, pouring rain.

I also had a bad experience with Frogg Toggs. The zipper broke one day into a trip in the pouring rain so I was forced to buy something to replace it. Went with the two piece, high vis HD suit and I love it. Pricey (around $200 or 250 if my memory serves me) but works great, easy on and off, and you're still highly visible even in a dark, pouring rain.

Agree with Dr. here. Wife and I have the two piece HD high vis suit. Keeps us as dry as anything I have used and are very durable.

I had some frogg toggs and they were ok but melted on the exhaust, bought another off brand ( cheap ) and they were ok but melted on the exhaust. Like the Dr. did I purchased an H.D. high vis rain suit expensive but the best rain gear ever, and it didn't melt on the exhaust don't go cheap you get what you pay for.

Back