free website stats program Radio Swap? | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio Swap?

Hawk66

I just picked up a 2002 Firemans Edition Ultra with the stock radio/cassette player. Does anyone know if a later model radio with a cd player with swap out with it? And if the cd players play mp3's ?

I have thought about swapping out for aftermarket but would like to keep intercom.

Thanks for help!

I have used a CD with mp3 formatted music. The random select on the face plate will let it shuffle MP3 CD,s The updates or firm ware are available on boom hd for the latest updated soft ware. @006 to 2013 will do it for sure. You might check if the das button #1 has the option of random you should be ok.

Note - factory CB, intercom/headset speakers, and rear volume control functions are integrated into the stock radio and cannot be retained when adding an aftermarket radio.

I was aware of losing the intercom and cb if adding a aftermarket radio. Thats one of the reasons I wanted to keep a stock radio and just change to one with a cd player.
Or if anyone knows of any kind of addon so I can run a ipod or other portable mp3 player though the system?

What was the first year for the CD player? They went to the Harmon-Kardon unit in '06, but it seems to me the CD player was available in '03. If I'm right you may be able to swap in an '03-'05 unit.

Back