free website stats program Radio Shack Siren | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio Shack Siren

Retrop

Has anyone installed one of cheap (less than $10.00) Radio Shack sirens on their touring bike?
I am speaking about the one that attaches to the factory security setup, not the police type siren they use to pull you over with.

Last edited:
I have to ask the question...why??? It's probably illegal in a lot of jurisdictions anyway. It might be fun to have in heavy traffic but would the fine be worth it?

got the siren and am getting ready to hook it up to my daughters sportster. a bit cheaper than the HD siren/chirper. unlike the HD siren, it doesn't have a battery backup but will still work with the original security system.

DSC04056.jpg

Man...am I dumb! I thought you meant a siren like on a police vehicle not a siren on the security system. I must be getting old and senile. Sorry...my bad

got the siren and am getting ready to hook it up to my daughters sportster. a bit cheaper than the HD siren/chirper. unlike the HD siren, it doesn't have a battery backup but will still work with the original security system.

DSC04056.jpg
How'd those Radio Shack sirens work out? That is a heck of alot cheaper than the HD! I might have to go if you folks tell me good things.

Without knowing the current draw and where you are wiring it up, I would look very carefully at the siren specs and make sure you do not damage the HD ECM/Alarm module. To be safe, you may want to use a relay to minimize current draw to the relay coil (20mA or so) and the dry contacts to switch fused power to the aftermarket siren/horn, to be on the safe side, JMHO... :s

An ECM replacement would VERY expensive to replace, especially if damaged by improperly installed $10 aftermarket part. :(

thats good advice NEWHD74FAN. I am an industrial electrician and that isolation could save alot for cheap money

Without knowing the current draw and where you are wiring it up, I would look very carefully at the siren specs and make sure you do not damage the HD ECM/Alarm module. To be safe, you may want to use a relay to minimize current draw to the relay coil (20mA or so) and the dry contacts to switch fused power to the aftermarket siren/horn, to be on the safe side, JMHO... :s

An ECM replacement would VERY expensive to replace, especially if damaged by improperly installed $10 aftermarket part. :(

Here you go .

The tool your audio project requires.
Add some sound with our Piezo buzzer siren! This buzzer may be used whenever an attention-getting audible warning is needed. The siren is perfect for security systems, over and under-limit indicators and power failure alerts. Operates on 6-14 VDC, with 150mA Current at 12V. Buzzer Tone rated at 2,000-4,500Hz.

They work great. Just solder the wire ends and plug em in. I used 2 sided tape to secure the siren to the plastic mount & the plug goes right where the factory mounted it. Why would you put relays etc in there? This thing is no different than the OEM unit as far as power goes.

Back