free website stats program Radio Shack siren 04 | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio Shack siren 04

jwking

Good evening all. I have seen a lot about the R S siren on here but have yet to see how one installed on a 2004 FLHR. Is this even possible, if so can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure it's just 2 wires going into the plug for your factory security system alarm pigtail. If memory serves, it's a 3 wire plug but you only use 2.

Hope this helps,
Dave

I added the pdf for the HD Smart Siren. Your bike starts on page 5.
Just substitute the Radio Shack Siren for the HD unit.

The only hitch will be how you electrically connect the RS siren to your bike.
When I did mine years ago, I had access to the same connector set that HD uses so my connection was in a factory 3 wire plug. You will either have to source a plug like that or use some type of aftermarket connector or cut and solder the wires.....

It should take less time to install it than it took me to look up all this stuff for you :)

Take care,
Dave

Attachments

• Smart Siren.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Dave has you covered for the wiring schematic. The plugs are available in electronic stores and ebay, but not necessary. I can't remember the details this morning, but I "tinned" the wires on the siren to make them thicker and stiffer and just pushed them into the existing plug and taped it up. Been working fine for 3 years in a lot of rain riding.

Here's a picture of a the siren pinouts on the actual schematic.
Sorry it's in Word but I had to screen shot it to get what I wanted.

You won't have a signal wire on the RS siren so just leave that blank.

@Breeze, excellent idea to tin the wires and push into the sockets. Quick, easy, and it works.

Take care,
Dave

Attachments

• Smart Siren Radio Shack Siren Connections.docx
    268.7 KB · Views: 18
Back