free website stats program Radio reception terrible | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio reception terrible

ToddO

Just put Rockford phosegate. Amp and speakers in 2015 street glide special.power antenna in fairing. I get hardly no radio reception ,and a lot of static. Bluetooth and Zip drive work great. Why!!!

harley had put antenna in fairing, reception wasnt that good, and when i had amp and speakers put in i upgraded to power ant. and now even worse, is it because of amp near ant.

I got rid of the HD power antennae and took an old truck stainless steel whip antennae and wound it into a ring, put it under the fairing and I get AM/FM better than I did with the stock on the tourpak

Sometimes the least expensive things work the best.
On our tv I have a 2 foot coaxial with the last 6 inches stripped to expose the copper wire, like watching HD tv.

Sometimes the least expensive things work the best.
On our tv I have a 2 foot coaxial with the last 6 inches stripped to expose the copper wire, like watching HD tv.

Technically, you are watching HD TV...at least in the US. The government mandated that all signals are broadcast in HD now. Digital signal uses much less RF bandwidth, therefore, when the govt. decided they would reclaim the bandwidth, the solution was HD broadcasting, even with off air antenna's. Hence why even with an antenna, you either have to have a digital tuner TV or a separate digital converter. ;) There may still be a few small stations that can broadcast analog, but not many, and they will be small. All network broadcasting has to be HD.

Back